Monday 21 April 2014

#docraftsmonday Dimensional Butterfly Birthday Card

It's time for #docraftsmonday once again! My lovely Grandma is an amazing 94 this coming Thursday and over the weekend, we held a kind a crazy Easter/Birthday family party to celebrate. I have been so manic recently, I haven't had time to craft but this occasion definitely needed a handmade offering...
 

 I wasn't too sure where I wanted to go with the layout for this card, so I got all the elements
out I wanted to use and went from there.
 
This week's docrafts Creativity Club printables is a fab collection of brick and decking textures (photographed by Carly Barrett) in a monochrome colourway, so I started with that. The theory is a garden wall which has rambling flowers and butterflies climbing up it!

 
As usual, I went slightly mad on the dimensional side of things - my cards are not suitable for
posting unless you want to box them up! I used a mix of Xcut dies and punches as follows;
 
 Xcut Butterflies A5 Die Set - XCU 503196
Xcut Large Dies Leafy Flourishes - XCU 503189
Xcut Dimension Butterfly Punch Stamp - XCU 2701000
Xcut Daisy Palm Punch
Xcut Tags and Bookplate Dies - XCU 503066
Xcut Petal Posy Dies - XCU 503065
 
I have to say, the Leafy Flourishes look so much nicer once they have been die-cut. This is the first time I have used them and will definitely do so again!
 
 
Add in a touch of antiquing with dye ink and a few Papermania adhesive gems and there you have it!
 
Thank you for looking. If you would like to take part in #docraftsmonday, visit the docrafts facebook page and join in the fun every week!
 
Thank you for looking!
 
Jill x

6 comments:

  1. beautiful card. The colours pop off the card and grab your attention. hope you have had a fab Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jill, great use of all those layers!
    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leaving a little love!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! All those layers only add to the card. I am sure Grandma loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Jill, The brick wall background layer is fantastic and your colours are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Jill......love the clever background and all the die-cuts. I've popped over from Crafting Cafe hop, and I'm now following too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finishing the hop from over on the Crafting Cafe x
    I love this card, it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like