Tuesday 14 January 2014

Cath Kidston Inspired Birthday Cake

My favourite mug at home was a gift from my lovely girls and features a beautiful Cath Kidston rose design on blue. I've always planned on making a cake using it as inspiration, so when my Mother-in-law's birthday came around, it was the perfect opportunity! The cake is completely gluten free (so my daughter, Nan and I could tuck in too!), vanilla sponge on the base with lemon on top.


It was actually a very quick cake to make and probably one I have enjoyed the most. I love that each time I design a cake, I learn something new to take onto the next one - I hope that never changes!


 I found that by being relaxed about the decorating process, making more impulsive decisions rather than mapping everything out, made the creative process much more fun. I am looking forward to my next docrafts Creativity Magazine commission now!


Thanks for looking!

Jill x
 

3 comments:

  1. WOW what a fantastic cake Jill, Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! How can it be "quick to make"? It looks gorgeous and totally Cath Kidston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments - it really was quick to make compared to the others I have done! x

      Delete

You might also like